BRANDChâteau Cos d'Estournel
The history of Château Cos d’Estournel begins in 1811 when its owner Louis Gaspard Lacoste of Maniban Marquis d’Estournel, having inherited some vineyards near the village of Cos, decides to vinify them separately. The wine of Cos d’Estournel was born. Very quickly, the wine surpasses the most prestigious wines and is exported to India. In 1855, Cos d’Estournel acceded to the classification of 1855 as second classified growth. In all, five owners were at the head of Cos d’Estournel. The last one was Michel Reybier, who bought the Château in 2000 and undertook many changes including a brand new barrel cellar but above all, a 100% gravity winemaking cellar: a real innovation in the region. The estate creates red an white wines.
A wine with incredible balance, with present tannins , but melted. An elegant and fine nectar, with a lingering finish.